New Zealand’s biggest award programme dedicated to travel communications is currently accepting submissions from photographers and writers eager to win cash and travel prizes.
The Cathay Pacific Travel Media Awards, hosted by communications organisation TravCom, celebrates the country’s best travel photographers, writers, and, for the first time this year, bloggers.
There are six photography categories in the schedule this year:
- Cathay Pacific Travel Photographer of the Year Award
- Heritage Boutique Collection for the Best Travel Image taken in New Zealand
- Air Vanuatu and Mangoes Resort Award for the Best Travel Image taken outside New Zealand
- AA Directions Magazine Award for the Best Travel Image with People
- NZ Maori Tourism Award for the Best Travel Image that captures the essence of Maori
- Destinations Magazine Award for the Best Unpublished Travel Image
Prizes this year include travel to Zurich, boutique hotel stays, a trip to Port Vila, and thousands in cash prizes.
Submissions are open until February 27, entry conditions and forms can be found here.
As per usual, you must sign up with TravCom to be eligible to enter and submitted images must have been published in a travel editorial context between January 1, 2014 and February 26, 2015.
Changes to this year’s competition pertinent to the photography category include no longer having to be paid for your published work to be eligible, and no limit to the amount of entries in a single category.
Last year’s Cathay Pacific Travel Photographer of the Year was Joshua Donnelly, for the imagery (such as the picture above) from his article India By Lens published in D-Photo no. 55. It would be great to see some D-Photo contenders on the ballot again this year, so go enter.